Limerick Mental Health Association are currently seeking a Permanent Part-time Community Development Worker – (8 hours weekly)
Successful candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience working (paid and/or voluntary) in community development, youth work or related field.
Overview of the role
• Support the establishment and/or development of new groups/activities within Le Cheile
• To help members identify their needs and to assist in developing programmes to meet those needs
• Empowerment of member led committee and activities
• Fund-raising activities
• Participate in internal / external meetings as required
• To work with project manager on achieving the goals of the project
Reporting / management
• Working as part of a team
• Maintaining of records of participant attendance, compilation of reports and minutes of meetings.
• To ensure that all appropriate forms are completed by members
• Assist with grant applications
• To prepare written reports for the board of directors etc.
• To be responsible for the office procedures and office management of the project as requested
• Liaison with statutory mental health services, voluntary mental health groups and any other relevant organisations
• Attend training events, conferences and other functions as necessary
• Familiarise, keep up to date on project policies and procedures
• Assist in the development of new policies and procedures
• Identify training needs
• Support of volunteers and any other staff as requested by project manager
• To participate in regular supervision and appraisal of work to promote self-development and identify training needs
• To carry out duties as laid down by the project manager
Health and Safety
• Ensuring a safe and secure environment and that the premises is kept in proper order
• Recording of incidents / accidents / implementation of health and safety measures and policies in relation to same
• Ensuring that best practices are maintained in all aspects of the work for Le Chéile and Limerick Mental Health Association
How to apply
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Limerick Mental Health Association, No 3 Sexton Street, Limerick.
Closing date for Applications: 5.00pm, Monday 19th of August, 2019