Have you always wanted to join a board of enthusiastic volunteers in mental health?
We are looking for talented and conscientious volunteer board members to lead and strengthen the work of Limerick Mental Health Association.
Can you contribute your time, thoughtfulness, and leadership a few hours a month?
We are seeking a board member to be a staff liaison, whose purpose is to:
- provide direction for employee policies
- compensation and benefits
- legal compliance
- and staff evaluation and training.
- Draft and revise personnel policies for Board approval
- Review and update job descriptions every three months
- Review staff salaries annually
- Act as a contact point for employee complaints
- Make recommendations on staff training needs
- Establish annual leave and sick leave policies and approval process
- Develop reward and recognition programs
- Review job applications, participate in and support the interview team, and recommend candidates to the board
- Oversee employee performance evaluation process
- Attend Board and Administrative Team meetings
- Complete background checks and garda clearance for all employees and volunteers
- Meet with staff on a regular basis
We welcome anyone with self experience of mental health issues to apply. We welcome family / carers of those that have mental health issues to apply.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Limerick Mental Health Association, No 3 Sexton Street, Limerick.