Limerick Mental Health Association are currently seeking a volunteer Board Treasurer.
We are looking for talented and conscientious volunteer board member to lead and strengthen the work of Limerick Mental Health Association.
Can you contribute your time, thoughtfulness, and leadership a few hours a month?
List of Duties
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation to the board of directors on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with the organisation’s accountant regarding the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Despite the additional responsibility the treasurer has in overseeing the financial matters of the charity, all directors continue to be jointly and severally responsible,
and therefore liable, for the administration.
Personal requirements / skills required
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie;
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
We welcome anyone with self experience of mental health issues to apply. We also welcome family / carers of those that have mental health issues to apply.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or by post to Limerick Mental Health Association, No 3 Sexton Street, Limerick.