The creative writing group in Le Chéile is an easy going social writing group who come together each Wednesday. A space is provided for peers to express themselves through the medium of writing. The peers support one another, and they gain confidence in their skills and in their ability. They also gain inspiration for their writing through the recommendations and commendations of others in the group. Poetry, short stories, fiction and tips on creative writing tips are shared!
When is the Creative Writing class?
Come join us and make friends, have fun and get writing. Wednesday 2pm to 4pm.
What are the benefits of Creative Writing?
1. It will improve your vocabulary. The language used in literature is not the same as what is used in day-to-day writing, you get to explore some new ways to express yourself.
2. It gives you permission to develop your creative thinking and problem-solving abilities by analyzing different writing styles and working on your own writing projects.
3. Part of writing involves sharing your work with others (optional). You get to listen to others work, really listen, this develops listening skills.
4. You will learn to evaluate your own and the work of others.
5. Creative writing will challenge you to learn to organize your ideas and write clearly.
6. Participation in creative writing groups helps to improve persuasive ability, learning to get your message across from one person to another, improving communication.
7. Coming together to share and debate ideas in a group can only help you become a more rounded person. When you get the opportunity to spend time with a diverse group of people, you will come away from the experience much richer for it.
8. Seeing your words on paper translates into increased self-confidence. If you feel better about yourself, you will be willing to take on more challenging roles in other areas of your life.
9. Trying the class can help you discover a new passion for writing (or rediscover an old one).
10. You can meet new people who share the same interests. The person sitting near you in class could end up being a key contact in helping you to gain increased support.
Adapted from 10 ways Creative Writing can help your career.