Have you always wanted to join a board of enthusiastic volunteers in mental health?
We are looking for talented and conscientious volunteer board members to lead and strengthen the work of Limerick Mental Health Association.
Can you contribute your time, thoughtfulness, and leadership a few hours a month?
We are seeking a board member focusing on community development, who has experience of the following:
- Community and local development
- Organisational policy development
- Project funding
- Local and national policy.
- Keeping the Co-ordinator and Staff team informed of issues arising at local community level and advising on appropriate responses.
- Ensure the organisation is embedded within the local and national community landscape
- Work with Co-ordinator to access funding as appropriate
- Supporting the development and delivery of programmes and training to different groups as appropriate
- Support local networking / promoting collective action between active individuals and community groups.
- Advise on the development of a community engagement strategy in line with the organisational strategic plan.
Skills and expertise required
- Policy development
- Government / public service, voluntary / Community / Non-profit experience
- Local community Development, Local & Social Services
We welcome anyone with self experience of mental health issues to apply. We also welcome family / carers of those that have mental health issues to apply.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or by post to Limerick Mental Health Association, No 3 Sexton Street, Limerick.