We are looking for a talented and conscientious volunteer to join us at Limerick Mental Health Association. Can you contribute your time and thoughtfulness a few hours a month?
- Updating the existing website through WordPress
- Add new material to the website
- Updating social media platforms (including but not limited to: facebook, twitter, youtube, instagram)
- Creating and sending out the newsletter
- Promoting activities and sharing our news
- Interaction with members in a professional manner
- Understanding of social media platforms and analytics
- Experience of using WordPress both to update and create new content
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices, for example but not limited to: writing web page titles, meta tag descriptions, alt tags for images etc.
- An understanding of formatting articles for the web
- Experience writing in Plain English, our content should be easy to understand and inclusive to everyone
- Good organisational skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter who loves to write
- Good communication skills
- Excellent written skills
- Commitment to the ethos of volunteering and promoting positive mental health
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
Training will be given for this role. This role will be involved in day to day running of Le Chéile Project and will be encouraged to participate in the planning and support of awareness and other projects of Limerick Mental Health Association. There will also be opportunities to liaise with other organizations and to participate in gathering research data.
Overview of the role
- Volunteers are encouraged to volunteer at least 2 hours per week.
- Volunteers can choose to join and participate on our sub-committees.
- Volunteers are welcome to participate in the planning of Mental Health Week promotions and awareness campaigns.
- Volunteers are encouraged to organize fundraising events of the LMHA.
- Keep LMHA Website current and up to date
- Prepare and design monthly newsletter
- Encourage and seek blog contributions, edit these contributions for the web and aligned to our content strategy
- Remain professional at all times – consideration of personal boundaries
- Promote positive mental health
- Ensure a safe, friendly environment
How to apply:
NOTE: As our work sometimes involves contact with vulnerable adults, volunteers will be subject to Garda vetting and volunteers will undergo two reference checks
For more information:
Call us at 0872485742