Have you always wanted to join a board of enthusiastic volunteers in mental health?
We are looking for talented and conscientious volunteer board members to lead and strengthen the work of Limerick Mental Health Association.
Can you contribute your time, thoughtfulness, and leadership a few hours a month?
We are looking for a board member to be a peer liaison. In this role you will be the voice of our members. Lived experience of mental health issues is necessary. You will advocate on behalf of our members and potential service users.
- Ensure the voice of people using mental health services guides the actions and philosophy of the organisation
- Support the development of a peer led committee to oversee the day to day running of Le Chéile. Le Chéile is the peer support service of Limerick Mental Health Association
- Support the advancement of the peer support goals of the association
- Support outreach activities with community mental health centers and other stakeholders focused on prevention and access to peer support services for all people who need peer support
- Facilitate and participate in community meetings related to peer support to improve overall service delivery
- Work with internal staff, staff at local community mental health centers, schools and other stakeholders to develop and implement processes to better serve members who are receiving peer support or who would benefit from these services
Skills and expertise required
- Lived experience and willingness to draw on this experience as required
- Advocacy / Lobbying
- Voluntary / Community / Nonprofit
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or by post to Limerick Mental Health Association, No 3 Sexton Street, Limerick.