Every thought of exploring the writer in you?
Every Friday 2-3:30, we hold a creative writing class with English teacher William Richardson. William got his English teaching degree at NED college and through his relationship with LMHA and passion for promoting positive mental health, creative writing classes have become a permanent and much-loved fixture at LMHA.
Anybody is welcome to attend, no writing experience is required!
Expressing ourselves through writing is proven to help us to better understand the way we feel and help to clarify and focus our thoughts. Creative writing offers a unique opportunity to express the way you feel and discover new ways of thinking. By completing a short piece of writing through a prompt provided by William, users have testified to feel a sense of emotional release or fulfilment.
If you think this is something that would help you, pre-book at email@example.com to save your spot.
What are the benefits of Creative Writing?
1. It will improve your vocabulary. The language used in literature is not the same as what is used in day-to-day writing, you get to explore some new ways to express yourself.
2. It gives you permission to develop your creative thinking and problem-solving abilities by analyzing different writing styles and working on your own writing projects.
3. Part of writing involves sharing your work with others (optional). You get to listen to others work, really listen, this develops listening skills.
4. You will learn to evaluate your own and the work of others.
5. Creative writing will challenge you to learn to organize your ideas and write clearly.
6. Participation in creative writing groups helps to improve persuasive ability, learning to get your message across from one person to another, improving communication.
7. Coming together to share and debate ideas in a group can only help you become a more rounded person. When you get the opportunity to spend time with a diverse group of people, you will come away from the experience much richer for it.
8. Seeing your words on paper translates into increased self-confidence. If you feel better about yourself, you will be willing to take on more challenging roles in other areas of your life.
9. Trying the class can help you discover a new passion for writing (or rediscover an old one).
10. You can meet new people who share the same interests. The person sitting near you in class could end up being a key contact in helping you to gain increased support.
Adapted from 10 ways Creative Writing can help your career.
If you are interested in joining our Creative Writing group please email firstname.lastname@example.org